Monday, July 18, 2011

She is what hip hop should be YOU GO GIRL!!!! OUR SPECIAL FEATURE MS KNOXIE-TY

SOULFULLY RISING
“Living Naturally You”
Artist Appreciation
New Natural Stars on the Rise 
What is your name ? 
Knoxie-Ty
 
Where are you from? 
I am from Jersey City, NJ

Why as an artist have you decided to promote the natural/ conscious lifestyle? 

I've decided to promote natural/ conscious lifestyle as an artist for a couple of reasons. Growing up in a harsh environment, I have seen first hand how your environment can shape you, and influence you in a negative way. So through music I bring awareness to show people that they can overcome, no matter what the situation or circumstances are.  I was always criticized for staying true to myself, and not being a follower or doing what all the other people were doing. Writing music became a comfort zone for me. I often write music about being natural, and about empowerment. I feel like people can relate to it, and benefit from it. It can be a comfort zone for them as it is for me. I promote consciousness and positivity so that the listeners can have something that inspires them to take charge and be an individual and express themselves accordingly.  

How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as 90's conscious Hip Hop/ Alternative. Especially with the new music I have been working on, there are hints of Rock and Jazz, and a little contemporary. As a fan of many genres I try to incorporate much of the sounds I love into my music. As far as personality wise, I would have to say my style is a mixture of Hip Hop artist meets truth seeker/ freedom fighter. learning and spreading knowledge and empowerment through music. Giving the listeners something of substance, something that they can genuinely feel and relate to.

What are some people that inspire you most? 

I am inspired by many types of music, some people that inspire me the most are: Bob Marley, Billie Holliday, Phyllis Hyman, Mos Def, Michael Jackson, Lupe Fiasco. 

What's the general mission of your music? 

The general mission of my music is to promote awareness. Awareness of the harsh realities of the world. Awareness of Self, and to spread peace. 

What are some of your accomplishments and describe in detail some of your most recent performances?

I am fairly new to recording as an artist, and putting my music out there. My biggest accomplishments two collections of music that I released. My music release "R.M.O.I.T.S" with a fellow Hip- Hop artist Red Shaydez. and my latest mixtape entitled "The Academy"


Where can we find the your music? 

You can find my music at knoxiety.bandcamp.com you can also view my videos at youtube.com/KnoxieTy201


What advice would you give to others who wanted to go natural or live a more natural based lifestyle? 

Go for it! It will not be an easy task for some, it takes hard work and dedication but it is well worth it if it will make you happy.

What's your favorite quote?

My favorite quote is definitely "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it." - JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE   From experience I have found this to be life changing and very true.

2 comments: