Wednesday, August 17, 2011

REAL PEOPLE REAL ANSWERS : MEN'S EDITION 8

A DAY IN THE LIFE
“Living Naturally You”
Real People Real Answers
 
 
 What’s your name? 

 Justin Ifill-Forbes, long I know lol

How old are you? 


27.. sounds scary when you realize why you have gray hairs coming in

 Where are you from?

  Brooklyn, NY .. my family is Bajan and Jamaican

 What is your occupation? 

 These days in this economy, you need more than one stream of income, professional photographer/AT&T rep/Licensed bartender



 How would you describe yourself? 

 Laid back, funny, spontaneous kinda guy who's always looking for the next photo
* (there was no number 6 lol)


If there was one word to describe your style what would it be? 

My clothing style.. Comfortable.. oxford shirts, fitted shorts, boat shoes/Toms … my photo shooting style.. changes daily.. I refuse to be stuck in one direction with my art.



Who are some people that inspire you the most? 


Sebastiao Salgado and Annie Leibovitz… truly inspiring work…

What do you want to be when you grow up?

  A photographer, whether as a bum on the street or a successful world known photographer.. I'll always have a camera in my hand lol

 What advice would you give to others who wanted embrace their individuality? 


The hardest step is actually becoming an "individual", rather than being a follower.. society, family, and friends play a huge part on decisions we make.. whether it be life choices, the religion you choose to follow, what your love interest "should" be… its all influenced and in some situations chosen for you! But… when you can say I'm going to do this particular thing, at this particular moment.. regardless of fear of the unknown result, regardless of judgement from others... to have that courage... you've won the battle and you can go forward knowing that this result happened because of "MY" choice.. good or bad.  Thats a victory in my opinion.

What’s your favorite quote? 


 Something I've been saying for years when I embraced my own individuality that has become my mantra… WAKE UP AND EVOLVE! … people become stagnant and comfortable with their daily routine that they forget to embrace life for what it offers
 
HERE IS SOME OF JUSTIN'S WORK!!!
Photo 1
 
 Photo 2
 Photo 3

No comments:

Post a Comment