Thursday, June 16, 2011

SPECIAL FEATURE SOUFULLY RISING Ms Alicia James!!! Please listen to her she's awesome!!


SOULFULLY RISING
“Living Naturally You”
Artist Appreciation
New Natural Stars on the Rise 



1.What is the name of your band and whom is it’s members ?  
solo artist Alicia James

2.When was this band founded and in what city? n/a

3 Why as a artist have you decided to promote the natural lifestyle?
When I first started there were several people pulling me in different
directions. I started off with straight hair, but in the end,I decided
to just be me!


4.How would you describe your style? 

I would say my music is a mix of R&B/Soul with a little bit of soft rock and maybe some wouldsay a sprinkle of jazz
 
5.What are some people that inspire you most? 

My family inspires me most. As far as artist, I am inspired by the legends like Tina Turner, Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, also artist like Eykah Badu, India Arie, Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, newer artist like Natasha Bedingfield, pop
artist Kelly Clarkson, Solange, and even love me some Beyonce! LOL!


6.What the general mission of your group’s music? 

I have been singing for as long as I can remember. Now that I am older, I love to writeand tell stories through my music. Honestly, I just want to make
people feel something. Even if it is happiness, love, sadness, I just
want you to feel what I am singing about. That's my mission to make
people feel something or inspire them in some way.


7.What are some of your accomplishments and describe in
detail some of your most recent performances?
*Sell out performances at the Houses of Blues, Red Cat Jazz
Cafe,Claytons, and other venues in Dallas, Houston , Austin
* Featured in popular independent concert series FRONTLINE 2 and 3
hosted by Go MC Kane & Afterworkinc.
* Featured on popular singles with up and coming artist J. Dawg (Dry
your eyes) Centop (Mortality Music) & Dante Higgins (I Just Wanna Be)
*"Crazy in Love and "Seven is currently being played on local stations
90.1 FM, 90.9 FM, & News Levels Radio.
*first project "Seven" was released 5/07/2011
*the Owner of Natural Chick Epidemic Youtube Vlog which currently has
6000+ subscribers and averages 2400+ views per day
One of my most recent performances with at Houston's Hip Hop Fest. I
performed along with two Hip Hop artist. Mac from Undergravity and
Dante Higgins. It was fun as always, I love to do Hip Hop shows! I
always have to sing a little harder though, and put in a few extra
growls to please the crowd! LOL!


8.Where can we find the bands music? 

You can listen to my full album
at http://www.msaliciajames.com



 
9.What advice would you give to others who wanted to go natural or
live a more natural based lifestyle?
I would just say do what makes you happy. Everyone is going to have
their own opinon, but how you feel about it, is the most important
thing in the end. ;)


10.What’s your favorite quote? 

Honestly the quote that had the most
impact on my life was "The cure to fear is Action"
My life hasn't been the same since I found that quote!:)




PLEASE SUPPORT ALICIA SHE'S AWESOME!!!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/naturalchickepidemic
Listen to full album at: http://www.msaliciajames.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment