Friday, July 8, 2011

SPECIAL FEATURE: MS RHONDA RAY!!!! I THINK YA"LL REALLY NEED TO CHECK HER OUT!!!!

SOULFULLY RISING
“Living Naturally You”
Artist Appreciation
New Natural Stars on the Rise 
 
 
 


1.What is your name ?

My name is Rhonda ray

2.Where are you from? 


 I was born & raised in Los Angeles, Ca

3. Why as an artist have you decided to promote the natural lifestyle?


As an artist it was easy for me to promote the natural lifestyle because that's a part of who I am and something that I chose for myself over 10 years ago.So it comes out in everything I do including my music, my art and my writing.  So it's not so much me promoting as me just being who I am.  Although I would advocate the lifestyle to anyone. I think it's a beautiful thing and I want people to see that in my music presentation. I wanted to show the world how beautiful black women are naturally and that's why I wrote the web series "Afro City" that features black women with natural hair.  You can check that project out at http://www.AfroCitytv.com.

4.How would you describe your style?


  I would describe my style as bohemian meets trendy with an Afrocentric flare.  I like to mix the old with the new and experiment by mixing different pieces to
create my own look. I call it Afro Chic.







5.What are some people that inspire you most?


I'm inspired by music, art and life. I can hear a song and get inspired.  I can see a painting and get really in spire or just my hearing someone tell their story.  Musically I'm inspired by artist like Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, the roots, Anthony Hamilton, India Aire, Lauren Hill, Beyonce, Alicia Keyes, Amy Whinehouse and the new artist Adele.


6.What the general mission of your music?


The general mission of my music is to inspire all who listen in a positive way. I hope that by listening to my music some can relate, learn and just enjoy by listening. I especially would like to inspire young girls.
 

7. What are some of the accomplishments and describe in detail some of your most recent performances?

Some of my accomplishments are becoming a professional photographer and painter.  I love taking photos of people and things and and expressing myself on canvas with paint.  I also started a live talk show called "Afronistas" that airs every Sunday from 1:00 to 2:00 PST 4:00 to 5:00 pm Eastern time on http://www.ustream.tv/channel/afronistas I am currently working on putting together a new band to perform my music around Los Angeles and looking forward to taking the show to other big cities. So I'm very excited about accomplishing that.


8.Where can we find your music? 


You can find my music at http://www.RhondaRay.net and on http://www.AfroCitytv.com





9.What advice would you give to others who wanted to go natural or live a more natural based lifestyle?


I would say to anyone thinking about going natural to look at other natural women and talk to other natural women with your similar look and hair texture and choose a hairstyle you like and start from there.  Once you get the hang of it it's just as easy if not easier to maintain as your previous hair regimes.  There is tons of information to go through on the internet...just Google any question you have.  I say take small steps at a time and you're be a natural at in no time.  And that's with hair, eating habits and lifestyle. The journey can be fun and very creative.

10.What’s your favorite quote?


One of my favorite quotes is "Success is nothing more than a few disciplines...practiced everyday" by Jim Rohn


PLEASE GO AND CHECK OUT MS RAY!!! SHE IS DEFINITELY SOMEONE TO LOOK OUT FOR!!!:)!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment